SIDNE® Version 7.1 – Ultimate Package
This all-inclusive SIDNE® package has it all. Every essential accessory, resource, and instruction needed comes standard with the Ultimate Package to ensure the successful use of this traffic safety program in your schools and community.
Demonstrate the effects of alcohol, marijuana, drowsiness, and distraction on a person’s ability to drive a vehicle safely.
If you are looking for the preeminent impaired driving simulator, SIDNE (Simulated Impaired Driving Experience) is just the ticket. SIDNE is a custom-built electric kart that allows drivers and passengers to experience what can happen when they operate a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or marijuana, as well as the ramifications of driving while drowsy or distracted.
SIDNE Ultimate Package includes 1 SIDNE vehicle, a 2-day training session, vehicle maintenance equipment, 1 driving course accessory package, a drowsy & distracted driving course package, and a marijuana impaired driving course package.
When driving SIDNE, electronics in the vehicle cause the driver to experience a loss of control caused by impaired judgment, erratic acceleration, and delayed braking response, resulting in missed turns and lane shift into “oncoming traffic.” These effects mimic impairments that are common with motorists under the influence of alcohol.
The THC-impaired driving course, along with the Fatal Vision Marijuana/THC Goggles, let drivers experience how impaired perception and response, useful field of view, and diminished reaction time can be detrimental to a person’s driving ability. Drivers proceed through a course marked by cones with LED lights that indicate whether they should be turning, swerving, or stopping. When impaired by the Fatal Vision Marijuana/THC Goggles, drivers will have difficulty making quick, accurate, and “safe” driving decisions.
The drowsy and distracted driving course uses the Fatal Vision Drowsy and Distracted Goggles technology along with the SIDNE® to allow participants to experience simulated impairment from drowsiness or distraction behind the wheel. When using the goggles, drivers will lose the ability to focus on the road, react appropriately to driving challenges, and navigate the course without incident.
Key Features and Benefits
- Use SIDNE to address the dangers of distracted, drowsy, and impaired driving
- SIDNE can run in both outdoor and indoor settings
- Pedals and steering wheel are easily adjustable to accommodate all participants
- Set the Speed and Drive Modes with the flip of a switch
- Change the Speed Mode to low or high to limit SIDNE®’s speed to 4 or 8 mph
- Two Drive Modes, Normal or Impaired, affect the vehicle’s response
- SIDNE has a low center of gravity for added stability
- The instructor controls the cart with an infrared transmitter that functions from up to 75 feet
- SIDNE includes 3-point retractable seat belts for both driver and passenger
- The remote braking feature allows the instructor to stop a moving SIDNE® vehicle immediately
- SIDNE has more than a decade of proven ability in the field, demonstrating the dangers of distracted and impaired driving
- Each SIDNE comes standard with our onsite training session to help ensure its safe and appropriate use
- SIDNE packages include a comprehensive user guide and course materials
- Weight: 330 pounds (including batteries)
- Age Range: 15 to adult
- Weight Limit: 350 pounds
- Maximum Occupants: One driver & one passenger
- Reverse: Yes
- Frame Color: Powder Coat Black
- Graphics & Trim: SIDNE® themed license plate, roll-bar banner, and side rail covers
- Dimensions: Width-48”, Length-76”, Height-30”
- Top Speed: High-Speed Mode = 8 mph and Low-Speed Mode = 4 mph
- Power: Requires two 12-volt batteries for operation
- Warranty: 6-months or 150 hours of operation
Onsite Training Session (included with each SIDNE® package option)
Innocorp’s certified trainers work with your staff, teaching them how to incorporate SIDNE® into your traffic safety program effectively.
- Learn and apply safe demonstration techniques using SIDNE® to engage your audience.
- Identify how to integrate SIDNE® into your existing program for maximum impact.
- Improve your instructor’s program delivery through role-play and activity demonstrations.
- Build your team’s confidence and capacity while learning through dialogue and experience.
Training Fee Includes
- An onsite training session at your location, accommodating 4-6 attendees
- One Innocorp Trainer
- All travel expenses to the continental USA. (AK, HI, and international must call for price quote.)