Use the Concussion Action Steps Pocket Guide as a giveaway to reinforce your concussion safety lesson.
Use this 54’ roll of Yellow & Black striped adhesive-backed tape to layout “walk-the-line” exercises.
Fatal Vision® Concussion Goggles help participants understand the potentially debilitating effects of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) caused by a bump, blow or jolt to the head or body and promotes adherence to a doctor's prescribed recovery protocol.
The "Five Tap Target" Sports Activity, models difficulty with hand-eye coordination.
The "Face Trace" Study Activity, models the problem of maintaining sustained attention.
Each Concussion Goggle Kit comes standard with program materials for Elementary, High School, and College ages, hands-on demonstration activities, and pre/post tests to help drive the lesson home. The lesson begins with participants being led through an interactive presentation that combines a classroom discussion with simple mental, physical, and dexterity tests. You can deliver this program as a standalone experience or as a supplemental activity for an existing presentation or curriculum.
- The participants create a baseline of their mental, physical and dexterity abilities without the Concussion Goggle.
- Immediately after the baseline is established, the participants retake the tests with the Concussion Goggle.
- Participants experience simulated TBI symptoms of dizziness and visual disconnect, disorientation, hesitation, apprehension, confusion, and lack of confidence.
- Compare the Concussion Goggle test with the baseline test. The participants gain appreciation for TBI and the potential consequences.
- Define and identify TBI and common causes of these types of injuries. Plus, recognize the signs and effects of a concussion.
- Have each participant develop their own plan to help reduce their risk of sustaining a TBI.
Concussion victims may believe they are able to continue in their regular activities, such as competing in sports, studying or participating in other physically and cognitively demanding tasks after a TBI. The aim of this program is to demonstrate and promote awareness of some of the distinct effects of a TBI by using the Fatal Vision® Concussion Goggles and activities to:
- Instruct and persuade participants to follow a medical professional’s prescribed recovery protocol that will minimize or prevent concussions and to follow emergency steps in the event they or others sustain a TBI.
- Create a sense of empathy in caregivers for individuals affected by a TBI, motivating all concerned parties to encourage and support those affected by TBI and follow a medical professional’s prescribed recovery protocol.
With as many as an estimated 3.8 million sports-related concussions in the United States every year, The Centers for Disease Control concludes that sports concussions in the United States have reached an “epidemic level”.
- Athletic and Sports Associations
- Health Departments and Hospitals
- Advocacy Groups
- Coaches and Athletic Directors
- School Resource Officers
- Seatbelt Safety Specialists
- Community Policing Programs
- Health and Physical Education Classes
- Engaging and hands-on
- Promotes a clear safety and awareness lesson
- Simple to use
- Easily implemented into existing program
- Provides an experience that people will remember
Frequently Asked Questions
Click any question to reveal the answer
Does the Concussion Goggle™ have the same visual effects as the Fatal Vision® Goggles?
No. The Concussion Goggle ™ provides a visual experience that produces the double or disconnected vision which is a common symptom of concussions. When combined with the included kit activities, participants experience a very realistic simulation of TBI symptoms and quickly understand the impact of this type of brain injury.
Can I just use my Fatal Vision® Goggles to simulate a concussion?
The Fatal Vision® Goggles simulate impairment and not the visual concussion symptoms associated with TBI. We designed the Concussion Goggle™ and program activities to compliment one another and deliver a realistic concussion simulation and learning experience.
How does this kit help me simulate a concussion?
The included Quick Start Guide, Power Point Presentation, and activities provide an effective lesson that is simple to deliver and not soon forgotten.
Suggested Activities with the Concussion Goggle™ such as the “Timed Catch” or playing the Concussed™ Card Game let participants experience the following TBI symptoms:
- Feeling of dizziness
- Visual disconnect
- Disorientation and loss of spatial awareness
- Hesitation, apprehension, confusion and lack of confidence while doing the activity
How would the Concussion Goggle™ Kit support my safety lesson?
The Concussion Goggle™ Kit is the solution for any organization that is looking to provide an educational component about TBI and concussions. This tool can be easily implemented into an existing program or is substantial enough in content and material to provide an “out of the box” answer to address this safety concern.
The Concussion Goggle™ Kit is specifically designed to deliver a hands-on and experiential lesson. This experiential approach can help increase the likelihood that your participants will remember and put the lesson learned into practice.
This kit can be used in the following programs and more:
- Bike/helmet safety
- Concussion management
- Seatbelt safety
- Sports federations and governing bodies
- Coaches clinics
- Parent and player meetings
- Fall prevention and senior care
- Applicable for use with all ages and groups from the 5 year old bike rider to the amateur/professional athlete to senior citizens.
- intoxiclock® Pro - Program Kit
- Fatal Vision® Alcohol - Event Kit
- Fatal Vision® Marijuana - Event Kit
- Fatal Vision® Concussion - Event Kit
- Change Blindness and Distracted Driving Interactive Media Program
- M.E.T.H.O.D.® Distracted Driving - Event Kit
- DIES® Balcony Danger Mat
- SIDNE® Version 7.0 Basic Package with Onsite Training Session
- turn 'n learn® Classroom Challenge - Alcohol Awareness
- AIM® (Awareness In Motion) Distracted Driving Lenticular Poster
- turn 'n learn® Classroom Challenge - Distracted Driving
- Distract-A-Match® - Campaign Kit
- "You Call the Shots" Floor Banner
- SUM-IT-CUP® Complete with Master Bartender®