The Fatal Vision® Impairment Simulation Goggles are a hands-on awareness building tool that allows people to experience with a sober mind what it's like to be under the influence of alcohol. Participants experience how alcohol impairs a person's balance, vision, reaction time, and judgment. Simple activities with the Fatal Vision Goggles such as walking a line, one-leg stand, reaching out to grab a set of car keys, or tossing a ball become important "a-ha" moments as participants realize how susceptible they are to potentially dangerous consequences of impairment.
Fatal Vision is available in five impairment levels. These levels simulate the impairment associated with a particular blood alcohol concentration (BAC). Fatal Vision is available with either a clear lens to simulate daytime, or shaded lens to simulate night.
- Fatal Vision White Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of < .06) Impairment begins with the first drink
- Fatal Vision Bronze Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .07 - .10+) Legal limit of impairment
- Fatal Vision Red Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .12 - .15+) National average of DUI offenders
- Fatal Vision Silver Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .17 - .20+) Original Fatal Vision® Goggles
- Fatal Vision Black Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .25+) Binge drinking
Each set of Fatal Vision Goggles include a cleaning cloth bag and one printed Fatal Vision User Guide.