The DIES® Roadside Sobriety Test and Stairs Challenge Mat can help you deliver a memorable lesson about the potential dangers of alcohol impairment.
Use “Pedestrian Pete” with your DIES® Distracted Driving Activity Mat.
Use the DIES® Activity Mats to add a dose of reality to your Fatal Vision® Alcohol, Marijuana and Distracted Driving Awareness Activities.
DIES® Winding Sidewalk Mat DIES® Distracted Driving Activity Mat DIES® Marijuana Impairment
What is the DIES® Mat?
The DIES® (Danger In Every Step) Activity Mats are made of a durable rubber backed material with full color graphics that present impairment and distraction hazards to add a touch of reality to your outreach program.
The use of the DIES® Activity Mat has four main program objectives.
- Demonstrate the potential dangers of impairment from alcohol, drugs and other distractions.
- Experience how alcohol and drug impairment, and distractions makes on susceptible to errors in judgment.
- Learn the potential consequences of being stopped for a DWI or the impact of distractions on a person’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Discuss strategies to avoid these unsafe behaviors.
To address these objectives, the DIES® Mat includes a user guide that teaches the instructor how most effectively run a demonstration that provides an engaging activity with a memorable lesson.
Activities such as the Sidewalk Stumble, Navigate The Stairs, and Walk And Turn are conducted both without and then with Fatal Vision® Alcohol Goggles to show how impairment can make even the easiest tasks difficult and dangerous.
Distracted Driving Mat activities include the opportunity to perform a simple undistracted trek through town followed up by similar trip, but this time with a cognitive, visual, or manual distraction. Comparing the undistracted performance to the distracted performance shows clearly how one’s driving can easily degrade and lead to potentially dangerous consequences.
Use the mat activities with the Fatal Vision® Marijuana Goggles to demonstrate the impairment of reaction time, motor skills, memory, decision making abilities and can show potential consequences associated with driving or walking under the influence of recreational marijuana.
- Easy set-up
- Provides a realistic activity that participants can relate to
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
- The mat can be used over and over again (unlike a roll of tape)
- User guide provides a variety of activities to keep the lesson new and exciting
- Community Outreach Programs
- College Freshmen Orientation Programs
- Campus Police
- School Resource Officers
- Health Instructors
- Driver Education
- Traffic Safety Initiatives
- intoxiclock® Pro - Program Kit
- Fatal Vision® Alcohol - Event Kit
- Fatal Vision® Marijuana - Event Kit
- Fatal Vision® Concussion - Event Kit
- Change Blindness and Distracted Driving Interactive Media Program
- M.E.T.H.O.D.® Distracted Driving - Event Kit
- DIES® Balcony Danger Mat
- SIDNE® Version 7.0 Basic Package with Onsite Training Session
- turn 'n learn® Classroom Challenge - Alcohol Awareness
- AIM® (Awareness In Motion) Distracted Driving Lenticular Poster
- turn 'n learn® Classroom Challenge - Distracted Driving
- Distract-A-Match® - Campaign Kit
- "You Call the Shots" Floor Banner
- SUM-IT-CUP® Complete with Master Bartender®