Simulated Impaired DriviNg Experience®, or SIDNE®, is a battery-powered vehicle that simulates the effects of distraction and impairment from alcohol and other drugs on a motorist’s driving skills.
The Simulated Impaired Driving Experience (SIDNE®) Basic Package is a simple packaging option that includes SIDNE® and onsite training. This option is ideal for those looking to add SIDNE® to their prevention initiative to deliver engaging and hands-on lessons about the misuse and abuse of alcohol and other drugs and the dangers of distracted driving.
The Simulated Impaired Driving Experience (SIDNE®) Complete Package is a combination of SIDNE®, training, and the necessary collection of driving course materials to help you deliver engaging and hands-on campaigns addressing the misuse and abuse of alcohol and other drugs and the dangers of distracted driving.
The Simulated Impaired Driving Experience (SIDNE®) Ultimate Package is an all inclusive collection of Innocorp, Ltd. prevention tools, resources and training to help you deliver engaging and hands-on campaigns addressing the misuse and abuse of alcohol and other drugs and the dangers of distracted driving.
SIDNE® is a behind the wheel driving experience that makes the dangers of distracted and impaired driving real and personal.
INVOLVE YOUR AUDIENCE IN A SAFE AND EFFECTIVE EXPERIENCE DEMONSTRATING THEIR SUSCEPTABILITY TO THE EFFECTS OF IMPAIRMENT AND DISTRACTION WHILE DRIVING.
Drivers and passengers can safetly experience a simulation of what happens when they attempt to operate a vehicle while impaired or distracted. SIDNE® drives in two modes, Normal and Impaired. As a participant drives SIDNE®, the instructor will switch SIDNE® between Normal Mode and Impaired Mode causing the driver to misjudge turns, speed, and braking distances.
- In Normal Mode, the vehicle responds appropriately to the driver’s steering, braking, and accelerating.
- When an instructor puts the vehicle into Impaired Mode using the remote switch, the driver will experience a slight delay in the braking, steering, and acceleration.
- These delays typically result in the driver losing control of the vehicle and a realization of how an instant of cell phone distraction or driving under the influence of alcohol and other drugs can lead to tragic consequences.
- The instructor has braking and stopping control of SIDNE® through the use of an infrared remote control. The remote operates at a distance of up to 75 feet, allowing the instructor to change the vehicle between modes, perform emergency braking, select the vehicle speed and power off the vehicle.
SIDNE® provides a safe and realistic alternative to golf carts, pedal carts and static computer driving simulators.See SIDNE® in Action
Each SIDNE® comes standard with an onsite training session for up to six (6) attendees. Our instructors will work with your trainers to fine tune your prevention message and prepare them to deliver a successful program.
- Width: 48”
- Length: 76”
- Height: 55” with roll bar up and 28” with roll bar folded down
- Power: Electric, using two 12 volt rechargeable batteries
- Riders: 2 (driver and passenger)
- Load Limit: 350 lbs.
- Recommended Demonstration Space: 100’ x 130’
- Provides an actual driving experience. This is not a static computer generated simulation
- Delivers a clear, effective and eye-opening lesson
- Offers a safe alternative to programs that use golf carts
- More realistic than a pedal cart
- Provides a clear prevention lesson for both the SIDNE® driver and passenger.
“I believe SIDNE® is a valuable tool for all ages in promoting safety in our community.”
Sheriff Neil Hassinger,
Medina County Sheriff’s Office
Frequently Asked Questions:
What makes SIDNE® a safe experience?
- SIDNE® is equipped with two 3 point safety belts.
- The vehicle is engineered with a wide wheel base and low center of gravity to prevent rollovers.
- Instructor has breaking and stopping control of SIDNE®.
- SIDNE® has two speed modes, 4 and 8 mph
- Electronic braking provides a smooth controlled braking action and prevents sudden or skidding stops
Does the driver need to wear Fatal Vision Goggles® while operating SIDNE®?
Innocorp, Ltd. does not recommend the use of impairment goggles when operating any motorized vehicle. SIDNE®’s delayed reactions to the driver’s braking, steering and acceleration deliver a clear and dramatic experience showing the impact of impairment and distraction on a person’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Can SIDNE® be run inside?
Yes, many customers use their SIDNE® in school gymnasiums, community centers, and other indoor facilities. You will want to make sure SIDNE®’s tires are completely clean and free of debris and that you have enough room to provide a safe driving experience.
Is there a lot of upkeep and maintenance required for SIDNE®?
SIDNE® was engineered to be user friendly and require minimal maintenance. Required maintenance includes: charging batteries, maintaining tire pressure, monitoring drive belt and tire wear, and periodically changing transmitter batteries.
How fast does SIDNE® go?
SIDNE® has two speed modes, 4 and 8 mph.
How many hours of run time will a fully charged set of batteries last?
Under normal operating conditions, SIDNE® batteries will provide enough power for 4-5 hours of run time.
Is an onsite training session required?
Yes, each SIDNE® package is priced with an onsite training session at your location. Training sessions can accommodate up to 6 attendees and is delivered using a Train-the-Trainer format to allow the customer to train additional staff as needed. Onsite training for the Basic and Complete Package take 4-6 hours and run 6-8 hours for the Ultimate Package.
What types of organizations are currently using SIDNE® in their programs?
SIDNE® has been in the market and providing hands-on safety experiences for more than 10 years. Law enforcement, schools, colleges and universities, the US Military, government highway safety agencies and safe community coalitions around the world have delivered countless hours of hands-on prevention and awareness campaigns using SIDNE®.
What type of warranty is available for SIDNE®?
SIDNE® comes with a standard warranty coverage of 6 months or 150 hours of run time. An extended warranty can be purchased to provide coverage for 18 months or 450 hours.
Compare SIDNE® Packages
Basic Complete Ultimate Products Included • • • SIDNE® 6.0 2 2 2 Transmitter and Carrying Case 2 4 4 12v Batteries • • • Battery Charger • • • 4 Program Guides and Course Cards • • • QuickStart Guide • • • Training Video 4-6 hours 4-6 hours 8 hours On-Site Training • • • 3 SIDNE® Trainer T’s • • • 1 Can Lithium Grease 2 4 4 Helmets 2 4 4 Safety Glasses 1 4 4 Sanitary Fabric Caps (100/pack) 1 6 6 Germicidal Wipes • • • SIDNE® Tools • • SIDNE® Cap (1) • • External Charging Adapter • • SIDNE® Course Case • • SIDNE® Event Banner • • Traffic Signs (4) • • Mini Measuring Wheel (1) • • 6" Mini Cones (60) 20 36 28" Rigid Cones • • Collapsible Cone Grabber (1) • • Course Pennants (18 strings) 20 36 Pennant Clips • • SIDNE® Course Figures: 1 Girl with Puppy, 1 Boy on Tricycle, and 1 Mom with Baby Stroller • SIDNE® Cover Up • • Marking Pistol (1) and Spray Chalk (4 cans) • Fatal Vision® Starter Kit with TVL® • Fatal Reaction® with Distract-A-Match® 2 • Distracted Driver Poster Combo (12) • Line Detector® • Fatal Reflections® 3.0 • S.U.M.•I+•Cup® Complete • Intoxiclock 4.0® • Intoxiclock 4.0® Refill Kit • You Call the Shots Kit • You Call the Shots Standing Banner • Pick Your Poison Standing Banner 100 Phone Cell™ Bags • DIES™ Mat • Distract-A-Match® 2 Event Edition $13,395.00 $17,095 $24,795.00 Package Total without Trailer $16,590.00 $20,290.00 $27,990.00 Package Total with Single Trailer $18,090.00 $21,790.00 $29,490.00 Package Total with Double Trailer +$1,600.00 +$1,600.00 +$1,600.00 For Extended Warranty
Feel Free to Call or Chat online
Your shopping cart is currently empty.
Fatal Vision Goggles
Pick Your Poison
S.U.M. · I+ · Cup®
Tunnel Vision Lens, TVL™
You Call The Shots