intoxiclock® is a new tool used to dynamically and visually demonstrate how a person’s level of intoxication changes with increasing levels of alcohol consumption and the rate at which the body metabolizes alcohol given a person’s weight, gender and drinking pattern.
Intoxiclock® is a tool used to dynamically and visually demonstrate how alcohol affects a person’s B.A.C. and the rate at which the body metabolizes that alcohol. Includes: intoxiclock®, Netbook, Electronic program guide, label printer, Pocket Guides, PC to TV connector with VGA Cable, 1 Quick Start Guide, and Carrying Case.
intoxiclock® Lite with printer is a tool used to dynamically and visually demonstrate how alcohol affects a person’s B.A.C. and the rate at which the body metabolizes that alcohol. Includes: intoxiclock® netbook, electronic program guide, label printer, pocket guides, quick start guide, and carrying case.
The Simulated Impaired Driving Experience (SIDNE®) Ultimate Package is an all inclusive collection of Innocorp, Ltd. prevention tools, resources and training to help you deliver engaging and hands-on campaigns addressing the misuse and abuse of alcohol and other drugs and the dangers of distracted driving.
intoxiclock® is an interactive tool used to demonstrate visually how drinking different types and amounts of alcoholic beverages raises a person’s Blood Alcohol Concentration (B.A.C.) given their weight, gender and drinking pattern and the time it takes for the body to metabolize that alcohol.
What is intoxiclock®?
Most people know that .08 B.A.C. is the legal limit for impaired driving. Unfortunately, many people don’t understand how drinking various amounts and types of alcoholic beverages affects their Blood Alcohol Concentration (B.A.C.) or how long it takes their body to metabolize the alcohol after it has been consumed. intoxiclock® is a tool that provides this information in a real-time and easy to understand format. The intoxiclock® experience gives you with the opportunity to deliver a lesson about such consequences as impaired driving, alcohol poisoning, date rape, and more.
To start, intoxiclock® lets you input of the gender and weight for up to two people at a time. After entering this information about each individual, intoxiclock® lets you dynamically enter the amount of alcohol in a consumed drink, how quickly the drink is consumed in 1 second, 15 minute or 30 minute increments, and the ability to add additional drinks consumed over time. Once entered, this information is rendered into easy to understand displays and graphs giving a personalized experience of their B.A.C. level and how long it would take their body to return to a B.A.C. of 0.00. The optional printer lets you give each participant a personalized Pocket Guide to help ensure this experience is not soon forgotten.
- The instructor will enter the participants weight and gender and select a start time for a drinking scenario. Using a scenario with two individuals at a time is a great way to show how gender, weight, drink rate, and amount of alcohol consumed can affect each person differently.
- The size and the number of drinks are selected along with the rate of consumption for each person. Rate of consumption can vary from a 1 second slam (or shot) to a 15 minute drink, or 30 minute sip rate.
- As the drinks are “consumed”, intoxiclock® displays a real-time estimation of the participant’s B.A.C., a review of the drinking scenario, and the time of day the individual’s B.A.C. will metabolize back to a 0.00.
- Pocket Guides with customizable labels for each participant serves as a perfect giveaway to help your participants remember their experience.
“We felt this would be a great learning opportunity for both youth and adults to try. It is interactive, fun, and educational, all at the same time.”
Becky Byzewski, SW Coalition of Safe Communities, Dickinson, ND
- Personalizes B.A.C. results for each person based on gender, weight, time consumption begins, number and speed of drinks consumed
- Engaging and easy to use
- A great attention grabber
- Facilitates discussion on the issue of impairment and B.A.C.
- Helps you promote a clear awareness and prevention lesson
- Displayed information is clear and easy to read
- Citizen’s Academies
- Server Trainings
- Alcohol and Beverage Control Trainings
- Fleet Safety Programs
- Campus AOD and Guidance Departments
- Community Outreach Programs
- Driver Education
New and Improved Features!
- Print personalized labels for pocket guides for each participant that highlight the impact of alcohol on their B.A.C.
- Pocket guides are available in standard and customized version. The standard version contains important facts and information about alcohol. The customized version also includes personalized labels that provide participant specific information about the impact of alcohol on their B.A.C. and how long it would take them to metabolize that alcohol.
- A customized message can be added to the printouts
- Updated graphics allow results to be read and understood more easily.
- The new graphing function shows a real-time illustration and visual display of each drinking scenario.
- Presenter can set a specific B.A.C. warning threshold for both the participants display and the personalized graph.
- Bi-phasic B.A.C. graph and consumption rate graph illustrate the effects of alcohol and how the speed of consumption impacts B.A.C.
- Video tutorial offers an onscreen training demonstration of how to use intoxiclock®
- intoxiclock® now computes partial Standard Drink Units (SDU) to allow for specialty or oversized alcoholic beverage servings containing more than 1 SDU
- Select from three different consumption rates (30 minute Sip, 15 minute Drink, or 1 second Slam) for each beverage entered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does intoxiclock® complement my use of other Innocorp Awareness Tools?
intoxiclock® can be used by itself to deliver a memorable and dynamic lesson or can be partnerd with multiple Innocorp awareness building tools to further the experience. Below are several common uses of intoxiclock®
- Fatal Vision®: After using the Fatal Vision® Goggles, many participants are curious to learn the impact of one drink on their B.A.C. intoxiclock® helps answer that question and provides detailed information based on an individual's weight, gender, drink strength and rate of consumption.
- Sum-It-Cup®: When creating a scenario with intoxiclock®, it’s important for participants to understand the amount of alcohol in various types of drinks. Sum-It-Cup® provides a hands-on experience that visually demonstrates what a Standard Drink Unit (SDU) is for different drink types. When combined with intoxiclock®, the lesson becomes clear that even though an alcoholic beverage may be served in a single container, there may be more than one (1) serving of alcohol due to the size of the pour and percentage of alcohol in each drink.
- You Call The Shots™: The “You Call The Shots” poster, banner and flash cards give a quick reference that you can use during your intoxiclock® demonstrations by building an awareness of how many SDU’s are contained in 52 popular alcoholic beverages. The lesson delivered becomes even more lasting when participants understand the impact of a particular type of alcoholic beverage on a person's B.A.C.
Why are there three different intoxiclock® bundle options and how are they different?
- intoxiclock® Version 4.0: The intoxiclock® Version 4.0 is a complete product bundle that includes all of the program accessories and support materials necessary to deliver a dynamic and interactive lesson about alcohol impairment. The 20”x30” touch-screen provides an attention grabbing input device that simplifies the demonstration. The printer and customizable pocket guides help ensure that the lesson learned is not soon forgotten. All the necessary cables, accessories, along with the intoxiclock® netbook fit securely in the two zippered carrying cases. This bundle is ideal for presentations in classrooms, safety fairs, informational booths, community events and much more.
- intoxiclock® Lite with printer: This option includes the intoxiclock® netbook and printer, necessary cables, and carrying case. While the 20”x30” touch-screen is not included, participants and/or the instructor will input the data using shortcut command keys on the netbook. This bundle still provides the ability to print labels and customize the pocket guides. Customers can use this bundle with a projector in a classroom setting.
- intoxiclock® Lite: This option is for those customers on the go that are delivering this lesson to smaller groups and don’t have the need to provide a custom printed pocket guide or have a large visible presence. Scenario information can be input using shortcut command keys on the netbook.
If I order the intoxiclock® Lite, can I later add the printer and touch-screen?
All intoxiclock® (ver 4.0) bundles can be upgraded by adding the touch-screen and/or printer after the initial purchase.
Why do I need the printer?
The printer provides custom labels that are applied to the pocket guides. These giveaways help ensure a lasting awareness experience is passed along to each program participant.
Is intoxiclock® difficult to use?
intoxiclock® is a simple and easy to use awareness building tool. Each bundle comes complete with a quick start guide, user manual, and helpful video clips showing how to most efficiently use intoxiclock®.
(Danger In Every Step)
Evidence Based Approach
For Fatal Vision®
Distract A Match® 2
Fatal Reflections® Software
intoxicheck™ Phone App
Line Detector® Unit
Phone Cell™ Bag
"Pick Your Poison™"
Tunnel Vision Lens - TVL®
"You Call The Shots™"