The Distract-A-Match® Presentation Edition, Fatal Reaction® and six (6) Distract-A-Match® Games is the ideal bundle for distracted driving presentations for large groups or classes. The highly visible and interactive demonstration promotes interaction from the entire audience while allowing for group discussion and feedback.
The combination of Fatal Reaction® and the Distract-A-Match® Presentation Edition is ideal for distracted driving presentations for assemblies or large groups. The highly visible and interactive demonstration promotes interaction from the entire audience.
Distract-A-Match® is a simple shape and color matching game that demonstrates in a fun and engaging way the impact of distractions on a person’s reaction time and judgment.
What is Distract-A-Match®?
Distract-A-Match® is a simple game with eight unique shapes and distinct colors that provide a cognitive matching challenge to demonstrate how simple distractions impact your focus and thinking abilities.
Each unique shape represents a common driving distraction that people may not realize as being a crash risk and allows you to engage your audience in a discussion on how to avoid these common threats. The Distract-A-Match® game mat identifies eight driving strategies that should be second nature to experienced drivers and allows you to reinforce these driving habits that research shows to significantly reduce crash risk.
In addition to these features, the real benefit of Distract-A-Match® is engaging your audience in a fun and memorable way to demonstrate the impact of distractions on our reaction time and judgment helping you to extend the lesson to the impact of distracted driving.
How It Works
Participants race against a 30 second timer to correctly place as shapes as possible on the game mat. The exercise is then repeated a second time with an added distraction like counting backwards from 100, texting or talking on a cell phone, or talking with the recommended Fatal Reaction® Distraction Simulator.
Participants typically struggle when the additional visual, manual, and cognitive distractions are added to the activity. Common results include the participant miscounting, struggling with the placement of the shapes on the game mat, or focusing on a single task while ignoring their performance on another.
The lesson is clear, if a simple distraction affects our ability to perform an easy task like counting, distraction will affect our ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and lead to potentially devastating consequences.
“We felt this would be a great learning opportunity for both youth and adults to try. It is interactive, fun, and educational, all at the same time.”
Becky Byzewski, SW Coalition of Safe Communities, Dickinson, ND
Distract-A-Match® is available in 2 different formats:
Distract-A-Match® Presentation Edition
WHAT’S NEW WITH DISTRACT-A-MATCH®?
- The new Presentation Edition is ideal for use in classroom settings to demonstrate the activity before breaking into smaller groups to use the Distract-A-Match® Game.
- The large format of Distract-A-Match® the Presentation Edition is easily seen by onlookers making it ideal for use in large assemblies or groups.
- Game mat graphics and pieces focus on common distractions while reinforcing positive driving behaviors.
- Updated activities provide additional program ideas to keep the presentation new and meaningful.
- Lesson plan follows an evidence based approach to better demonstrate a person’s susceptibility to distraction and increased crash risk.
- Distract-A-Match® - Campaign Kit
- Change Blindness and Distracted Driving Interactive Media Program
- Fatal Vision® Alcohol - Event Kit
- Fatal Vision® Marijuana - Event Kit
- Fatal Vision® Concussion - Event Kit
- M.E.T.H.O.D.® Distracted Driving - Event Kit
- SIDNE® Version 7.0 Basic Package with Onsite Training Session
- DIES® Balcony Danger Mat
- SUM-IT-CUP® Complete
- AIM® (Awareness In Motion) Distracted Driving Lenticular Poster
- "You Call the Shots" Floor Banner
- turn 'n learn® Classroom Challenge - Alcohol Awareness
- turn 'n learn® Classroom Challenge - Distracted Driving